We knew that this would involve two surgeries, as part of two steps, but no one expected that I would not do well with this surgery, end up with emergency surgery in March for infection after initial surgery in January, and be in and out of the hospital with constant issues, blood transfusions, etc for 6 months and make a trip to The Cleveland Clinic in Ohio in July for further expert advice.
Oh how hard it was for Eric, the girls, my family, friends, etc. At the same time those in my life were all such a blessing and grew this year with me because of this trial.
We are so thankful that this nightmare is over...that my final surgery in early October went well and I'm on the mend and have a new healthy life ahead of me. So many times I wasn't sure I would make it and wanted to give up. Without the love of my Saviour, family and friends I wouldn't be here today.
Truly a gift and a miracle!
The past few weeks the Holy Spirit keeps bringing John 16:33 to mind as 2011 comes to a close:
“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33
Oh what comfort and peace this truth brings!
In our deepest, darkest moments, let us not forget that while in this fallen world we will have troubles, but that as believers in Jesus Christ, His Holy Spirit lives within us and will equip us for each and every situation/need in this world that He allows as part of His perfect plan for each of our lives in His divine sovereignty.
There are so many things we do not understand why they happen, we question God and ask, why, and I'm yet again reminded of John 16:33
The best part is that we have access to Him, the creator of the universe, the lover of our souls and the One who so passionately loves us with an agape love!
And that on the cross, Jesus paid it all, it is done, it is finished, He has overcome the world!
May this truth bring you peace, as the apostle John writes in the gospel. This world is not our home, and when Jesus returns to this earth for the second coming, those who believe in Him will be in face to face community with Him in heaven and THAT's when living will really begin!
Live for that day my friends, our Bema moment, and while still here on earth, allow Christ's Spirit to shine through you!
No comments:
Post a Comment